🐻 Who we are 🐻
At Castor we believe that data people spend too much time to find and understand data assets. Our product is plug-and-play, fun to use, and collaborative. It automates painful documentation tasks. By doing so, we enable every employee to find, understand, and consume data assets.
Created in 2020, by four data lovers who all experienced firsthand the pain of exploring data, Castor is already running in leading unicorns such as BackMarket, Gorgias, Stuart, ManoMano, Vestiaire Collective, or Sendinblue.
We have a bold vision to improve our product. To support it, we raised a 2.5m€ Seed round from Frst and accomplished Business Angels (founders of Dataiku, Zenly, Vestiaire Collective, etc).
👨💻 About the role 👩💻
We are looking for a Data Science Intern to join our growing team (currently 13 people). We are looking for someone that excels in Python and has a deep sense of analytics, but also who has a deep understanding and empathy to understand the need of the customer.
You will take part in building the heart of our new data catalog platform :
- Scouting new features: as part of our development, we will need to test and iterate fast on features. We will need to build proofs-of-concept fast. You'll be in charge to lead these first iterations of a "quick-and-dirty" solution. For example :
- Connect to API from various tools like Tableau, Looker, DBT, Metabase, etc to extract data and feed the app with content
- Scrape data from website (Salesforce, Segment, etc) to generate documentation automatically
- Analytics: build and automates reports that bring value on customer's data model, documentation level, usage, etc.
- Onboard new clients: our client base is growing fast ! You will help onboard new clients and deploy new features to our existing clients
- Great analytical skills: we need you to be able to clearly navigate complex problems
- Some experience coding: you should have some basis in 1 language. Ex. R, SQL, Python
- You're super comfortable in Python: if you are not, we get you some training at the beginning of your internship
As a Data Scientist, you will join a team of talented, and passionate engineers. We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle exciting problems.
🏄 About the fit? 🏇
You would be a good fit at Castor if you are:
- You have previously worked in a startup environment, preferably with a SaaS product.
- You are passionate about building products customers love, enthusiastic about teamwork, willing to receive and provide honest feedback
- You are driven and autonomous
- Fluent in English (No need to speak French!)
We offer beavers a stimulating environment to focus on their work through:
- Competitive compensation packages, along with equity for full time positions (CDI)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- Anything else you need
- Duration: 3-6 months
How to Apply
Send an email with your Linkedin profile or CV to: email@example.com